Roles and Responsibilities Creating a road map for the Nursing Department:
Ensuring safe Nursing practices:
- Formulating a philosophy for the department in tune with the organizational philosophy
- Setting SMART goals for the department
- Demonstrate personal and professional development and commitment consistent with the goals
- Prepare an organizational structure for the nursing department
- Define scope of services for the department
Administration and Coordination:
- Understanding the nature of patients and the nature of care they require.
- Taking rounds of the wards and enquiring about the patient welfare and satisfaction
- Accompany Head-Medical services for ward rounds
- Ensure proper upkeep by various staff (hygiene, cleanliness etc.) of all the wards, equipment and toilets.
- Put tracking mechanisms in the system to benchmark nursing standards (Nursing Sensitive Quality Indicators, medication errors, patient falls etc.)
- Review mechanisms for the indicators tracked
- Devise mechanism for implementation of corrective actions
Patient care and feedback:
- Take suggestions from patients, nurses, doctors and discuss them to ensure good patient care is provided.
- Materials management: Understand the materials requirements and coordinate with respective departments and ensure that the required materials are available.
- Budgeting: Understand the material, manpower and other financial requirements and prepare budgets for the same
- Discuss with doctors their requirements and experiences and try to meet their expectations
- Take routine rounds to departments
- Coordinate between ward in charge and the management•
- Listen and attend to the problems pointed out by the doctors
HR (Planning, Recruitment, selection) and HRD:
- Designing and implementing the nursing process/care pathways for rendering safe, effective care to patients.
- Put in a system to administer medications that are within the legal scope of practice with 100% accuracy
- Utilize the hospital policy for accurate and complete documentation
- Communicate in a professional, mature, understandable way to patients, families and members of society concerning health care.
- Ensure adequate discharge preparation/education for patient and care givers
- Awareness and compliance to organizational SOPs for nursing practice
- Take periodic updates on status of patients and an overview from in-charges on a daily basis
- Keep track of and take note of the surgeries planned for the day etc.
- Make visits to all the international patients and receive feedback from them as well.
- Communicate positive feedback to nurses and build them
Training and development of staff nurses and in-charges:
- Assessing nursing manpower needs for the hospital and planning manpower for every department on the basis of care hours
- Deploying nursing personnel in various departments depending on the competencies
- Taking help of HR to ensure recruitment, selection, and availability of required nursing staff
NABH Accreditation (temporary responsibility) and other initiatives:
- Understanding/identifying the training needs of the team
- Conducting training need assessments jointly with doctors and nursing supervisors or coordinators.
- Plan the training calendar for the year for the nursing department
- Designing the training modules and conducting training programs.
- Conduct induction programs for new hires and ensure that all new recruits undergo mandatory preliminary training (philosophy of the department, SOPs)
- Identify and develop SOPs required for the nursing document
- Develop, adhere and ensure compliance to all the core and non-core standards
Ensuring 100% compliance for every staff to all the JCI standards (patient care areas, safe medication practices, documentation etc.)
Desired Candidate Profile
Masters/Bachelors Degree in Nursing or other related field required. Should have around 20 years of experience across various departments like wards, ICUs, OT & Minimum 2 years experience as NS
Interested candidates please share cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact to Mr. Sharath H @ 9480 5855 77
Perks and Benefits
Industry: Medical Services / Hospital
Functional Area: Healthcare & Life Sciences
Role Category: Nursing
Role: Nurse Unit Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent